Thursday, March 23, 2006

Poetry Community : The Good, the Bad and the Ugly







In the case of online communities, you have the good, the bad and the ugly. I would like to think of myself as one of the good gals, a positive asset to writers if you would.


My Hard Work Has Paid Off

It seems that some of my hard work has paid off. It has been a long road. I have worked hard and put in many long hours at todays-woman.net and I am grateful to have the support and friendship of other individuals in the writing industry.

Results from user feedback like the review left by L. Jody Kuchar makes administrating Today's Woman Writing Community all the more worthwile.

Thank you Jody and I wish you great success with your writing endeavors.

L. Jody Kuchar wrote:


As in all of life, eLife (web based work) has its good and its bad. Recently I have had the pleasure of meeting the good through the website Todays-Woman.net and Rose DesRochers. Under no obligation to assist, Ms. DesRochers assisted myself and a number of other author/poets in 'outing' some of the bad; a plagiarist with pathological tendencies. I stumbled across Todays-Woman.net by chance while researching an out of business print publisher of anthologies. Over the course of most of a week, Rose DesRochers facilitated the research of locating places where the 'poem thief' was posting stolen works. She was also instrumental in providing pivotal information to myself and many others who found their words with the plagiarist's own attached to them. Ms. DesRochers has also given expert and constructive advice to this novice ePublisher, for which I can not express how helpful this information has been and will no doubt be in the future. I highly recommend all , and possibly visual to explore Todays-Woman.net and join the community. Collaboration in any format is a beautiful thing, and Todays-Women.net collaborates in an administrative way that is simply unavailable except to perhaps, those willing to pay for university coursework.

Rose DesRochers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done so much on TW my friend, and your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

Just like Jody said I too appreciate all you do for us on the site, you offer so much kindness and are always there to lend a helping hand.

You're a great friend to us all too and you are a positive asset to the writing community, but most importantly to your friends because we love you ((HUGS))

Steve

cristina said...

Congratulations! ;)

Jody Kuchar said...

Rose Rocks!