Monday, March 20, 2006

In Memory of Terri Schiavo




Blogburst in Memory of Terri Schiavo

Topics: Remembering Terri

On March 31, 2005, Terri Schindler Schiavo died of marked dehydration following more than 13 days without nutrition or hydration under the order of Circuit Court Judge, George W. Greer of the Pinellas-Pasco’s Sixth Judicial Court. Terri was 41.

It was nearly one year ago that Terri Schiavo’s feeding tube was removed for the purpose of ending her life. Nearly one year ago her legal guardian obtained a court order in public view to purposefully bring about her death by withholding the most basic of necessities. Yes, nearly one year ago Terri began 13 days without food or water.

We invite you to join us for a Blogburst in remembrance of Terri Schiavo beginning March 18th (or earlier). Over the 13 days we are asking our friends to write about Terri's life and death, link to her family's foundation (Terrisfight.org) and affirm the intrinsic dignity of human life.




My Comments: Helplessly, the entire country watched this heart-wrenching, devastating story, which I feel received too much media coverage. Today, my heart and prayers go out to the Schindler family. It is hard to make an end-of-life decision for the ones that we love. However, I do believe that Terri is in a better place now. May she rest in peace and may God be with her parents as they greive the loss of their daughter.


Rose DesRochers

4 comments:

Shawn DesRochers said...

It is hard to believe that it has been a year Rose, since Terri Schiavo and her story that was broadcasted over so many of the news stations across the nation.

Not only is it still hard to believe; but it makes you wonder what type of court judge would granted such a decision; knowing that this was Terri Schiavo’s only means of survival, and by removing her feeding tube, she died a very inhumane way, that lasted the next 13 days until Terri Schiavo died of dehydration and nutrition.

I thought our society was past this type of mental cruelty and abuse; after all we seek funds in helping those with no food in 3rd world countries. Yet a court would order a death sentence of the worst kind..? Why because of a mental disability that Terri had does this make it alright? I feel it was wrong, and my heart goes out to her family to have to sit their and watch this happen to their daughter, I could never imagine the type of anguish they must of went through over those last moments.

My opinion,
Shawn

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you my friend what happened to Terri should never happen to anyone, it was inhumane and dispicable what happened to her.

I still can't believe that the judge allowed this to happen, to treat her like some sort of animal it is disgusting what the judge did.

We will remember Terri and pray that God watches over her, for I know she's in a better place she's in Heaven with God away from these hideous people ((HUGS))

Steve

EHT said...

You commented on my blog today and I appreciate your kind words. Last year I wrote a post regarding this tragic situation but I never actually posted it. You have prompted me to dig the post out of my mounds of stuff and paste it in. Thanks for the notice and I'll drop by again when I get that post up.

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to Terry and her family. It was a truly horrible way to die. My heart aches for the family left behind, but it aches more for the woman trapped inside a body that no longer was hers.

Not allowed to die because of machines is just as heartwrenching. That is why my family members and doctor are aware of my living will.

I understand not wanting to let go of someone so loved. I've lived a very long life and have witnessed the passing of many, including one of my own children.

There is no easy answer. Thank you for your post.

Lady An