Monday, February 27, 2006

Water Flows



Thought For The Day - Giving life to Others

My friend Pete once said to me," Do you know why the Dead Sea is dead?" I replied,"no why?" He said, "Well, because the water flows only one way. It does nothing but take, like many people we know. You are more like the Atlantic. You both take and give. Therefore you thrive and give life to others. Think of this analogy when ever you feel down and if anyone gives a damn."

It's nice to know that someone sees me as the Alantic. We can make a big difference in life. Our kind actions do affect others . Through giving, I've found that my life has meaning.

Rose DesRochers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful and you are like the Atlantic my friend, you give and take but you mostly give with your beautiful heart.

I definetely am a person that cares about you ((HUGS))

Steve

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rose for such kind words.

I know my life has been enriched by giving of myself. It's good to know my words made a difference in you. Now I feel better.

Remember Rose, when you have a mouthful of water while sitting at the PC, don't laugh too hard unless you want to clean your keyboard and monitor. I know, I know, I'm a comma-dian. May the happy comma of grammar fly up your keyboard.

Rose DesRochers said...

Very Funny Pete. Commas will be the death of me. You just go on laughing. LOL

Cate said...

Rose,
This is just lovely! Thanks for sharing it.

Also, thank you for the kind comment on my site. Based on that alone, I can see why your friend said what he did!

Rose DesRochers said...

Cate how sweet. Thank you! :)