Saturday, January 14, 2006

The International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)

My son has been invited to fill out an application for the enrichment program, which is a more challenging curriculum for Grade 7 and 8 students who are ready for enriched studies. If his application is selected he will be chosen to attend separate private school classes. This program is attended for students that have been identified as ‘Intellectually Gifted.’ After a March student interview, those who have been selected for the program will be contacted.

The International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) is a recognized leader in the field of international education. This enrichment program will prepare him for the International Baccalaureate Programme which is offered to grade 11 and 12 students. The IB diploma gives holders access to the world’s leading universities. The IB diploma is recognized by more than 110 countries.

As a parent, I of course have some concerns with the program. Since this is a decision involving my son's future, I’ll have to give it a great deal of thought before deciding if we’ll be pursuing the IB program.


I'm certainly very, very proud of my son.

No comments: